Pie-Crust Mushroom Soup Recipe
Instructions:1. Preheat the oven to moderately hot 400.
2. Peel and roughly chop the mushrooms, including the stems.
3. Melt the butter in a large heavy-based pan and add the onions; cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, until soft.
4. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute further.
5. Add the mushrooms and cook until soft. Sprinkle the flour over them and stir for 1 minute.
6. Stir in the stock, add the thyme and bring to the boil.
7. Reduce the heat to simmer, covered, for 10 min.
8. Allow to cool before processing in batches.
9. Return the soup to the pan, stir in the sherry and cream and pour into 4 ovenproof bowls.
10. Cut rounds of pastry slightly larger than the bowl tops and cover each bowl.
11. Seal the edges of the pastry and brush lightly with the beaten egg.
12. Bake for 15 minutes, until golden and puffed.
13. Serve immediately.