Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe
Instructions:1. Chop up half the mushrooms; thinly slice the remaining mushrooms and set aside.
2. Melt butter in a 5 to 6 quart pan over medium to high heat; add chopped mushrooms, onion, and thyme.
3. Stir often until the vegetables are lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Mix flour with vegetables.
5. Pour into a blender or food processor; whirl, adding as much broth as needed to get the mixture smoothly pureed.
6. Pour mixture back into pan; add remaining broth, sliced mushrooms, bay leaf, and cream.
7. Bring soup to a boil on high heat, stirring frequently.
8. Reduce heat to low and simmer to blend flavors, about 10 minutes.
9. Add sherry, salt, and pepper to taste.