Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe
Instructions:1. Rub the mushrooms with a damp paper towel and trim.
2. Slice or chop them into small pieces.
3. In a 3 or 4-quart saucepan, melt the margarine and add the mushrooms.
4. Stirring frequently, cook the mushrooms until lightly browned.
5. Add the vegetable stock and basil.
6. Heat to boiling, simmer gently for 30 minutes.
7. Remove the pan from the heat and blend the evaporated milk and flour together and add to the soup mixture.
8. Return to the heat and stir the simmering pan until the soup thickens.
9. Add the wine.
10. Do not allow the soup to boil again.
11. Season to taste with salt and white pepper.
12. Serve hot.