Tuscany Peasant Soup Recipe
Instructions:1. Slice sausages 1/2-inch thick.
2. Using a large saucepan, brown sausages. If turkey, spray pan first with vegetable spray.
3. Pour off any fat.
4. Add celery, zucchini and onion.
5. Saute for 2 minutes, stirring.
6. Put stock, tomato sauce and basil into crockery pot and mix.
7. Heat on high (300 F) for 30 minutes.
8. Add sausage-vegetable mixture to crockery pot.
9. Turn to low and cook for 2 to 3 hours.
10. Salt and pepper to taste.
11. Ladle into bowls and garnish with grated cheese.
12. Serve accompanied by garlic-buttered toasted French bread.