Zesty Turkey and Rice Recipe - Printable Version Serves 4
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 14 1/2 oz stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups long-grain white rice, cooked
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 2 cups turkey light meat, skinless, cooked and cubed
1. In medium saucepan mix broth, basil, garlic powder, hot pepper sauce and tomatoes.
2. Over medium-high heat, heat to a boil.
3. Stir in rice.
4. Reduce heat to low.
5. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
6. Stir in peas and turkey.
7. Cover and cook for 5 minutes more or until rice is done and most of liquid is absorbed.