Turkey Breast with Spinach Rice Dressing Recipe - Printable Version Serves 12
4.4 g fat, 59 mg cholestrol per serving.
- 1 (5 lb) turkey breast, boned and skinned
- 1 cup minced onion (1 medium)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 cup coooked brown rice
- 2 tbsp fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp oleo
- 1/4 tsp dried summer savory
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 egg whites slightly beaten
- 1 pack frozen spinach drained and thawed
1. Trim fat from breast, remove tendons.
2. Place outer side of turkey breast on plastic wrap, bone side up.
3. Starting from center, slice horizontally through thickest part of each side of breast almost to, but not through, outer edge.
4. Flip cut pieces over to enlarge breast.
5. Place plastic wrap over breast, flatten to a more even thickness.
6. Place loose edges of breast over thinner portions. Set aside.
7. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
8. Place over medium-high heat until hot.
9. Add onions and mushrooms; saute until tender.
10. Remove from heat.
11. Add rice and next 10 ingredients; stir well.
12. Spread spinach mixture in center of turkey within 2 inches of sides; roll up jelly-roll fashion, starting with the short side, to approximately an 11 x 6 inch roll.
13. Secure at 2 inch intervals, using heavy string.
14. Place, seam side down, in a shallow roasting pan coated with cooking spray.
15. Brush turkey breast lightly with oleo.
16. Bake, uncovered at 325 F for 2 hours, basting occasionally with remaining oleo.
17. Place turkey breast on a serving platter.
18. Let stand 10 min before slicing.
19. Remove string. Cut turkey roll into slices. Place on individual plates.