Tejas Smoked Turkey Salad with Almond (Anaheim) Recipe
This makes a great summer buffet dish. Just add some terrific corn sticks and you have a simply delicious meal.
Instructions:1. Roast all peppers and chiles over an open flame until the skin blisters.
2. Place them in a covered bowl or plastic bag until the skin begins to loosen.
3. Peel, seed, and cut into 1/2-inch dice.
4. Combine diced peppers, turkey, and celery in a large bowl.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Make the Almond-Anaheim Dressing.
7. Toss salad with dressing and adjust seasonings to your preference.
8. Serve salad sprinkled with toasted almonds and garnished with fresh fruits.
1. Roast chiles over an open flame until the skin blisters. Then place them in a covered bowl or plastic bag until the skin begins to loosen. Peel and seed.
2. Place chiles, almonds, vinegar, and lime juice in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Puree. Then, with the motor running, slowly add oil until the mixture has thickened.