Potato Crusted Turkey Breast Stuffed with Jalapenos and Corn Recipe
Instructions:1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. For stuffing, in a saute pan, heat the olive oil.
3. When the pan is smoking hot saute the onions, shallots, and garlic for 1 minute.
4. Add the jalapenos, celery, and corn.
5. Continue sauting for 2 minutes.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. In a mixing bowl, combine the sauteed vegetables, crumbled corn muffins and stock together, mix until incorporated.
8. For the turkey: Using a small knife, make a 2-inch slit on the side of the breast, forming a pocket.
9. Fill each pocket with about 1/2 cup of the stuffing.
10. Using a potato threader from Suzy Wong, thread the potatoes.
11. Season each stuffed breast with Essence.
12. Rub the entire breast with the Dijon mustard.
13. On a cloth napkin folded in half, cover the bottom half with the seasoned potato crust.
14. Place the turkey in the center and fold over ther remaining crust over the breast.
15. Roll the breast up tightly in the napkin.
16. This will help in holding the crust to the meat.
17. In a saute pan, heat the olive oil.
18. When the pan is smoking hot, remove the napkin and add the potato crusted turkey.
19. Saute for 2-3 minutes or until golden on one side.
20. Flip the meat over and finish cooking in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
21. Serve with shoestring potatoes.