Kentucky Turkey and Bacon Brochettes Recipe - Printable Version Serves 4
- 2 skinless, boneless turkey thighs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Kentucky marinade (see below)
- 8 strips thinly sliced bacon
- 1 bunch scallions
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup kentucky burbon whiskey
- 1/4 cup (packed) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flavorless cooking oil
1. Rinse turkey with cold water and pat dry.
2. Cut each thigh into 8 equal pieces and season with salt.
3. Place in bowl with marinade and toss well.
4. Cover and marinate 2 hours at room temperature, or as long as 48 hours refrigerated.
5. Prepare a hot fire.
6. Cut bacon strips in half crosswise ands lay flat on a clean work surface.
7. Lift turkey from mariande and place 1 piece on each bacon slice.
8. Wrap bacon around turkey meat and thread 4 pieces onto each of 4 oiled metal skewers, taking care that the bacon is secured.
9. Place brochettes on an oiled grill set about 6 inches from coals.
10. Grill brochettes, turnming an moving occasionally and basting with reserved mariande, until bacon is well browned and turkey is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
1. Process all ingredients in a blender of food processor until thoroughly combined.
2. Marinade can be stored in a covered jar in refrigerator for 3 days.