Honey-Mustard Turkey Meatballs Recipe
I serve these often during the holidays. It's nice to have a turkey meatball that doesn't taste like you should have used beef. These meatballs can be prepare ahead and frozen, so you can treat even drop-in guests to a hot snack.
Per Serving: 176 calories, 8 gm total fat, 40% calories from fat, 2 gm saturated fat, 48 mg cholesterol, 337 mg sodium, 14 gm carbohydrate, 11 gm protein.
Instructions:1. In a bowl, combine turkey, egg, cracker crumbs, cheese, onion, ginger and 3 tab lespoons mustard.
2. Form into 30 balls, 1 inch each.
3. Place in a greased 13-inch X 9-inch X 2-inch baking dish.
4. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 20 - 25 mi nutes or until juices run clear.
5. In a saucepan, combine pineapple juice, green pepper, honey, cornstarch and onion powder; bring to a boil, stirring constant ly.
6. Cook and stir 2 minutes more; reduce heat.
7. Stir in remaining mustard unti l smooth.
8. Brush meatballs with about 1/4 cup sauce and return to the oven for 1 0 minutes.
9. Serve remaining sauce as a dip for meatballs.