Cumin Turkey Tenderloins Recipe - Printable Version Serves 6
992 Calories (kcal); 47g Total Fat; (43% calories from fat); 104g Protein; 32g Carbohydrate; 295mg Cholesterol; 2407mg Sodium.
2 Grain (Starch); 14 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates
- 2 turkey tenderloins, butterflied
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tbsp cornmeal
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
1. On large plate, combine flour, cornmeal, cumin, salt and cayenne pepper.
2. Dip butterflied tenderloins into mixture, coating both sides well. To butterfly tenderloin, use a sharp knife, and horizontally cut tenderloin from the side, almost in half. Open up, like a book and flatten slightly by hand.
3. In large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, sauté coated tenderloins in oil for 3 to 4 minutes per side, until outside is golden brown and inside is no longer pink (170ºF).
4. Remove tenderloins and place on cutting board.
5. Thinly slice across the grain.
6. Serve with salsa.