Creamed Turkey Recipe - Printable Version Serves 4
- 1 4 oz can mushrooms, drained
- 2 tbsp onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 cup chicken or turkey broth, <,or>,
- 1 can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 1/2 cup turkey, cooked &, diced
- 1/4 cup pimento, chopped
- Dash white wine or sherry,(optional)
1. Saute mushrooms, onion, and green pepper in butter.
2. Blend in flour and seasonings.
3. Remove from heat.
4. Slowly stir in broth and cream.
5. Bring to a boil over low heat, stirring constantly.
6. Boil 1 minute.
7. Add turkey and pimiento.
8. Continue cooking until meat is heated.
9. Serve hot with rice or in patty shells.