Barbara's Applesauce Meat Loaf Recipe - Printable Version Serves 6
- 2 lb ground turkey
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oatmeal, (not instant)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup corn kernels (optional)
- 1/4 cup minced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tsp prepared mustard
1. In a large bowl, combine the turkey, egg, oatmeal, applesauce, onion, corn, red pepper, parsley, 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper and mix just until the ingredients are blended.
2. Using a 10-inch non-metal pie plate, form the meat into a circle about 8 inches in diameter and 2 inches high.
3. Combine the ketchup, mustard and 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl.
4. Spread it over the top of the meat loaf.
5. Cover the top with wax paper, place the dish in the oven and cook the meat loaf on 100 % power (high) for 10 minutes, rotating the pan after 5 minutes.
6. Remove the dish, carefully take off the waxed paper, and let the meat loaf stand for 10 minutes before slicing.