Holiday Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe
Instructions:1. Cook almonds in butter in large skillet over medium-high heat until brown.
2. Add onions and celery; cook until vegetables are tender crisp.
3. Stir in rice, 1/2 cup orange juice, orange peel, 1 teaspoon ginger, and salt; set aside.
4. Untie roast, and spoon rice mixture lengthwise between loins.
5. Retie roast securely with string at 2- to 3-inch intervals; place, fat side down, on rack in shallow roasting pan.
6. Combine rosemary and pepper; sprinkle over roast.
7. Insert meat thermometer does not touch stuffing or fat.
8. Bake at 325 F for 1-1/2 hours.
10. Combine cranberry sauce, remaining orange juice, remaining ginger, and orange in small saucepan; stir well.
11. Simmer over medium heat 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
12. Brush about 1/2 cup cranberry mixture over pork.
13. Bake an additional 15 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 170 F.
14. Let roast stand 10 minutes.
15. Remove string and slice roast.
16. Serve with remaining cranberry sauce.