Applesauce-Ham Waffles Recipe - Printable Version Makes 6 waffles
- 1 1/2 cup pancake or waffle flour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup ground ham
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup melted butter
1. Mix flour, sugar and cinnamon; add milk to beaten egg yolks, and add to dry ingredients, stirring just until smooth.
2. Fry ground ham, until nearly cooked, and add to waffle batter with applesauce and melted butter.
3. Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites last.
4. Bake in moderately hot waffle iron.