Black Pudding (Irish) Recipe
This is always served with an Irish “fry”. The preparation of this pudding may be impractical these days due to the difficulty of procuring fresh pig's blood and casings.
Instructions:1. Stew liver in boiling salted water until tender.
2. Remove liver, and mince.
3. Reserve cooking liquor.
4. Mix all ingredients in large bowl.
5. Stir thoroughly until blended.
6. Fill casings with mixture.
7. Tie off in one-foot loops.
8. Steam for 4-5 hours.
9. Leave until cold.
10. Cut into 1/2 inch slices as required and fry in hot fat on both sides until crisped.