Bacon Cheese Muffins Recipe - Printable Version Makes 12 muffins
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup crunchy, nugget cereal
- Vegetable dripping, if necessary
- Vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup hredded Cheddar cheese
1. Add vegetable oil to measure 1/3 cup total.
2. In a small bowl combine dripping/oil, egg and milk. Set aside. Crumble bacon, set aside.
3. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl, ingredients, make a well in center.
4. Add wet mixture all at once; stir just till moistened. Batter will be lumpy. Stir in cheese, bacon and cereal.
5. Fill greased or lined muffin cups 3/4 full.
6. Bake at 400 for 15-20 min.