Bacon and Cheese Sourdough Muffins Recipe
Instructions:1. In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
2. Reserve bacon drippings, if desired.
3. Drain cooked bacon on paper towels.
4. Crumble and set aside.
5. Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper liners; set aside.
6. Preheat oven to 400~F.
7. In a large bowl, sitr together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
8. Stir in cheese; set aside.
9. In a medium bowl, beat egg.
10. Stir in sourdough starter, milk and oil or drippings.
11. Add to flour mixture.
12. Stir with fork until dry ingredients are just moistened.
13. Fold in crumbled bacon.
14. Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 to 3/4 full with batter.
15. Bake in preheated oven 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
16. Remove from muffin cups.
17. Serve hot.