Bacon-Topped Cheese Soup Recipe - Printable Version Serves 9
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can clear chicken broth, 14 oz
- 2 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Place bacon in a 3 quart casserole; cover and microwave at HIGH 6 to 9 minutes or until done.
2. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon, reserving drippings in casserole; set bacon aside.
3. Add vegetables to drippings; microwave at HIGH 6 to 8 minutes or until tender.
4. Blend in flour, salt, and pepper; stir well.
5. Gradually stir in half-and-half, milk, and chicken broth.
6. Cover and microwave at HIGH 7 to 11 minutes or until thickened and bubbly, stirring at 2 minute intervals.
7. Add cheese, stirring until melted.
8. Cover and microwave at MEDIUM 2 minutes.
9. Top each serving with bacon.