Lamb Soup with Chestnuts, Quince and Prunes Recipe
Instructions:1. Season the lamb with salt and pepper.
2. In a heavy pot, melt the 3 tablespoons butter over moderate heat.
3. Add the lamb and onion, saute until browned, stirring frequently.
4. Add the broth.
5. Add salt as needed, cover, and simmer for 1/2 hour.
6. Add the potato, quince, prunes, and chestnuts.
7. Cover and simmer for 1/2 hour.
8. Add the chick-peas and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
9. Stir in the clarified butter and allow to melt before serving the soup.