Spanish Saffron Chicken Recipe
Per Serving: 335 calories, 31.2 g protein, 4.4 g fat, 40.7 mg carbohydrates, 71 g cholesterol, 3.2 mg iron, 275 mg sodium, 56 mg calcium.
Instructions:1. Sprinkle chicken with pepper.
2. Place in large Dutch oven that has been coated with cooking spray.
3. Cook over med heat until browned.
4. Wipe pan drippings from Dutch oven with a paper towel.
5. Coat Dutch oven again with Pam; place over med-hi heat until hot.
6. Add onion, garlic, and mushrooms; saute until tender.
7. Add chicken, 1 c water, and paprika, bouillon powder, and saffron threads.
8. Bring to a boil.
9. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes until chicken is tender.
10. Remove chicken and set aside.
11. Add peas, olives, and skim milk to Dutch oven.
12. Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
13. Combine cornstarch and 2 tbsp water; add to vegetable mixture.
14. Bring to a boil.
15. Reduce heat; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly.
16. Remove from heat.
17. To serve, place rice on a serving platter.
18. Arrange chicken over rice; top with vegetable mixture.