New Chicken and Shrimp Gumbo Recipe
Instructions:1. Combine the seasoning mix ingredients in a small bowl.
2. Sprinkle the diced chicken with 1 tablespoon of the seasoning mix, and sprinkle the shrimp with another 1 tablespoon of the seasoning mix.
3. Preheat a heavy 5-quart pot over high heat to 350°, about 4 minutes.
4. Add 3 cups of the mustard greens, 2 cups of the onions, all of the bell peppers and the celery, 1 cup of the okra, and the bay leaves.
5. Cook, stirring occasionally to check for sticking, about 8 minutes.
6. Add the apple juice and remaining seasoning mix, stir, and cook until most of the liquid is absorbed, about 6 to 8 minutes.
7. Add the seasoned chicken, cover the pot, and cook 2 minutes.
8. Add the browned flour and stir until it is completely absorbed and a paste forms.
9. Cover and cook 1 minute.
10. Add both the stocks, stir well, cover, and bring to a boil, and cook 3 minutes.
11. Add the collard greens, the remaining mustard greens, onions, and okra, and mix thoroughly.
12. Cover the pot and bring to a boil, about 5 minutes.
13. Add the seasoned shrimp, stir, bring to a boil, and cook until shrimp turn pink and plump, about 3 to 4 minutes.
14. Serve over rice.