Malay Spiced Chicken Recipe
Special Equipment: Wok
Instructions:1. Rinse chicken; pat dry with paper towels.
2. Cut chicken crosswise into 1/2 inch wide strips.
3. Chop onions, garlic and ginger.
4. Combine cumin, nutmeg, turmeric, cinnamon, red pepper, and cloves in cup.
5. Set aside.
6. Heat wok over medium heat until warm.
7. Add spice mixture; cook and stir until lightly toasted and fragrant.
8. Return spice mixture to bowl.
9. Increase heat to high.
10. Drizzle oil into wok and heat 30 seconds.
11. Add onions, garlic, ginger and lemon peel; stir fry about 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
12. Add chicken and spice mixture; stir fry until chicken is no longer pink in center and is coated with spice mixture.
13. Stir in water, sugar, vinegar and salt.
14. Bring to a boil.
15. Stir until half the liquid evaporates and mixture thickens.
16. Spoon chicken mixture over rice.