Madeira Chicken with Mushrooms Recipe
Instructions:1. Rinse chicken; pat dry.
2. Combine milk, cornstarch, sage, salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, cook chicken in hot oil over medium-high heat for about 5 to 6 minutes for the first side and about 2 to 3 minutes for the second side, until no longer pink.
4. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
5. In the skillet add water and butter-granules.
6. Heat the mixture till boiling.
7. Add the variety of chopped and sliced mushrooms.
8. Cook and stir mushrooms 2 minutes or till tender and heated through.
9. Stir the milk mixture and add it to skillet.
10. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
11. Cook and stir about 2 minutes more (to reduce a bit).
12. Add the wine (at least 1 tablespoon for flavor) and heat, to burn off the alcohol and to cook sauce to desired consistency.
13. Transfer chicken to a warmed serving platter; spoon sauce on top.
14. Sprinkle with chives.
15. Serve with steamed baby carrots and an aromatic rice.