Lemongrass Chicken Recipe
Special Equipment: Wok
Instructions:1. Remove outer leaves of the lemongrass and finely slice the tender white part at the base of the stalk.
2. Bruise on the cutting board with a large morter and pestle or handle of a cleaver, or a wine bottle. A cuisinart with a 1mm slicer will achieve the same result, but sometimes smashing is good.
3. Mix the chicken pieces with the salt, pepper, lemongrass and scallions.
4. Set aside for at least 30 minutes, overnite is better.
5. Heat the wok, add the oil and when the oil is hot add the chicken pieces, stir and cook for 3 or more minutes.
6. Add the chili peppers and stir and cook over medium heat until chicken no longer looks pink.
7. Season with sugar and more of the black pepper, (or use white pepper at this step).
8. Add the chicken stock stir for a few more minutes.
9. Garnish with Nuoc Mam, peanuts and coriander.