Lemon Chicken with Thyme Recipe
Instructions:1. In a plastic or paper bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper and shake to mix.
2. Add the chicken and shake to coat lightly.
3. Remove the chicken and reserve the excess seasoned flour.
4. In a large skillet, warm 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat.
5. Add the chicken and brown on 1 side, about 5 minutes.
6. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil, turn the chicken and brown well on the second side, about 5 minutes longer.
7. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
8. Coarsely chop the onion.
9. Add the margarine to the skillet.
10. When the margarine melts, add the onion and cook, stirring, until softened, 2 or 3 minutes.
11. Stir in the reserved seasoned flour and cook, stirring, until the flour is completely incorporated, about 1 minute.
12. Add the broth, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and the thyme and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
13. Return the chicken to the skillet, reduce the heat to medium-low and cover the skillet.
14. Cook until the chicken is tender and opaque throughout, about 5 minutes.
15. Divide the chicken among 4 plates.
16. Stir the remaining 1 tablespoon of lemon juice into the sauce in the skillet and pour over the chicken.
17. Serve the chicken with lemon wedges and a sprinkling of parsley, if desired.