Lemon-Herb Chicken Recipe
Instructions:1. Place chicken pieces in a glass or ceramic bowl.
2. Mix marinade ingredients until smooth and well blended.
3. Reserve 1/3 cup, covered and refrigerated, for basting while grilling.
4. Pour remaining marinade over chicken, turning pieces to coat completely.
5. Marinade, covered for 6 to 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
6. Remove chicken from refrigerator 20 to 30 minutes before you are ready to grill, leaving container covered.
7. When coals are covered with gray ash, oil the grill rack.
8. Cook chicken, skin side down first, for about 15 minutes on each side, brushing with the reserved marinade.
9. Watch carefully, as uncovered grills will cook the exteriors faster than a covered grill.
10. Pieces are done when exterior is golden brown and clear juices run when the chicken is pierced with a sharp fork.
11. Discard any unused marinade.
12. Garnish with strips of lemon peel, if desired.