Kung Po Chicken Recipe
Instructions:1. Cut chicken into 1/2 inch cubes.
2. You will have about 1-1/2 cups.
3. Combine the egg white, cornstarch, soy sauce and 1 tbsp water and add to chicken cubes, mixing well. Set aside for 30 minutes.
4. Wipe the chili peppers clean with a wet towel.
5. Remove the tops and set aside on plate with scallions 6. Combine the sauce ingredients in a cup.
7. Set aside near cooking area.
8. Place a strainer over a pot near the cooking area.
9. Heat a wok over moderate heat until it is very hot.
10. Add the peanut oil and heat to about 300.
11. Mix the chicken again and add to the hot oil.
12. Raise the heat to high and stir the chicken until it separates or until most of the chicken has changed color but is not yet completely cooked.
13. Pour the oil and chicken into the strainer to drain.
14. As soon as the oil has drained away, transfer the chicken to a plate.
15. Heat the same wok.
16. Add 2 tbsp of the drained oil, brown the chile peppers until they turn dark red, then add the scallions and the cooked chicken and stir fry for 1 minute.
17. Stir the sauce mixture well and add it to the chicken while stirring over high heat until it thickens and coats the chicken with a clear gaze.
18. Add the peanuts and mix well.