French-Style Baked Chicken Recipe
Instructions:1. Sprinkle inside of chicken with 1 tsp salt, Accent, and thyme.
2. Place parsley, celery, and yellow onion in cavity of chicken.
3. Tie legs together; then tie to tail.
4. Place chicken in a large heavy casserole with lid; dot with butter.
5. Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes.
6. Add white onions, sherry, and 1 tsp salt, and bake 15 minutes longer. If using mushrooms in place of onions, add them at the same time as potatoes.
7. Add potatoes and bake for 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
8. Remove cover; bake until chicken and vegetables are browned and tender, about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
9. Baste frequently with juices in casserole.
10. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
11. Make a thin gravy with the pan juices.