Chicken Portabella Recipe
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Divide chicken into 4 equal portions.
3. Lightly salt and sear on both sides in an oven proofed saut pan.
4. Remove from pan and set aside.
5. Saut mushrooms lightly for 1-2 minutes.
6. Remove from pan and set aside.
7. Add shallots and garlic and saut for 1 minute.
8. Add green pepper and saut for 1-2 minutes.
9. Deglaze pan by adding 1/4 c red, white or rose wine. Allow to reduce by 1/2.
10. Add chicken stock and herbs.
11. Return chicken to pan and place in oven.
12. After 10 minutes add portabella mushrooms on top.
13. Cook another 5-10 minutes or until done.
14. Remove chicken to serving platter or plates leaving mushrooms behind.
15. Add arrowroot dissolved in wine to thicken sauce.
16. Add salt and pepper to taste.
17. Spoon over chicken and serve with potatoes.