Breezy Point Chicken Curry Recipe - Printable Version Serves 8
Per serving of curry:
138 Kcal, 3.0g fat (0.7g sat fat), 20% CFF, 354mg sodium.
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 tbsp curry powder
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cubed
1. Lightly coat a non-stick skillet with cooking spray.
2. Over medium heat, sauté celery, onion, and garlic until translucent.
3. Add curry powder and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
4. Dissolve bouillon cubes in water.
5. Put flour in a small bowl; gradually stir in bouillon to make a paste.
6. Add flour-boullion mixture, milk, applesauce, and tomato paste to skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until bubbly.
7. Stir in chicken and heat through.
8. Serve over rice with an assortment of condiments: crumbled turkey bacon, raisins, toasted coconut, chopped peanuts, chopped hard-boiled eggs, diced bell pepper, chutney, diced bananas, and yogurt.