Breast of Chicken with Bourbon Recipe - Printable Version Serves 4
- 2 chicken breasts, whole
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp salad oil
- 2 tbsp onion, minced
- 1 tbsp parsley, minced
- 1/4 tsp chervil
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 4 oz mushrooms, canned
- 10 oz tomatoes, canned
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Split chicken breasts in half; place in a paper bag with flour, paprika, and salt.
2. Shake bag well to coat chicken thoroughly, remove from bag, and shake off excess flour.
3. In a heavy saucepan melt the butter.
4. Add the salad oil and saute the chicken until light brown on both sides.
5. While sauteing, add onion, parsley and chervil to pan.
6. After browning, add bourbon and set aflame for about 10 seconds.
7. Add mushrooms - including juice - to the pan.
8. Chop the tomato meat coarsely and add with juice to the pan.
9. Cover with a tight lid, and continue to simmer 12 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
10. If necessary, remove the lid and continue to cook until the sauce is medium thick.
11. Skim excess fat from the sauce.
12. Add sugar and salt and pepper to taste.
13. Serve with noodles or rice in a casserole.