Baked Chicken with Herbs Recipe - Printable Version Serves 7
- 1 2 1/2 lb broiler-fryer chicken
- 2 tbsp margarine or butter
- 2 tbsp olive or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp dried basil leaves
- 1/4 tsp dried marjoram
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
1. Cut chicken into pieces; cut each breast half into halves and remove skin.
2. Heat margarine and oil in rectangular pan 13x9x2 inches in 375 oven until margarine is melted.
3. Stir in remaining ingredients except chicken.
4. Place chicken, meaty side down, in pan, turning to coat with herb mixture.
5. Cook uncovered 30 minutes.
6. Turn chicken; cook until thickest pieces are done, about 30 minutes longer.