Avocado Chicken Breast with Strawberry Salsa and Crispy Tortilla Strips Recipe
Instructions:1. Wearing rubber gloves, remove stems, seeds, and ribs from chili and chop fine.
2. In a bowl stir together chili and remaining salsa ingredients.
3. Salsa may be made several hours ahead and chilled, covered.
4. Stack tortillas and cut them in half.
5. Cut stacks crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick strips and in a heavy skillet heat 1/2 inch oil over moderate heat until hot but not smoking.
6. Working in two batches, fry tortilla strips until crisp and golden, about 30 seconds, and with a slotted spoon transfer to paper towels to drain.
7. Sprinkle fried tortilla strips with salt to taste.
8. Halve the avocado, removing the pit, and peel.
9. Slice each half lengthwise into 6 wedges.
10. Slice chicken into 6 wedges and fan, with the avocado, onto 2 plates.
11. Spoon about 1/2 cup strawberry salsa over each fan and mound crispy tortilla strips alongside.