Autumn Fruited Chicken Recipe
Instructions:1. Shake chicken pieces in a plastic bag with flour, salt and pepper until lightly dusted and then brown in a little oil with melted butter.
2. Pour the brandy over and flame. Set aside.
3. Saute the onion and garlic, adding a little more oil/butter to the pan if needed.
4. Place chicken, onion mixture, mushrooms and wine in a baking dish.
5. Add pears and apples.
6. Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until chicken is done.
7. Remove chicken and fruit to a heated platter and thicken sauce with cornstarch which has been mixed with a little water or chicken stock.
8. Adjust seasonings.
9. Serve over couscous, noodles or rice.