Autumn Chicken Recipe
Instructions:1. In large plastic or paper bag, coat chicken with flour in 2 batches, shaking off excess.
2. Place in single layer on wax paper 2. Warm 3 tablespoons of the oil in 8-quart Dutch oven over medium heat.
3. Add chicken in batches so pan is not crowded.
4. Cook 15 to 20 minutes per batch, or until browned on all sides.
5. Remove to large plate.
6. Warm remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in same pan over medium heat.
7. Add leeks; cook 5 minutes, or until lightly browned, stirring to scrape up brown bits.
8. Add carrots, celery and apple wedges; cook 4 minutes.
9. Add browned chicken, broth, juice, dill, salt and pepper.
10. Cover; bring to a boil.
11. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
12. Serve with dumplings.