Athenian Roast Stuffed Chicken Recipe
Instructions:1. Prepare stuffing.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Wash chickens inside and out; dry thoroughly.
4. Sprinkle cavities with salt and pepper and fill with stuffing; secure openings closed with skewers and truss legs together with kitchen twine.
5. Place chickens in a large roasting pan.
6. Pour wine over chickens and pour the water into roasting pan.
7. Roast chickens, basting frequently with butter, until tender (about 1 1/2 hours).
8. Remove chickens to a heated platter.
9. Cover loosely with foil and let rest 10 minutes.
10. Pour pan juices into a small pan and heat to serving temperature; adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
11. Pour into a serving bowl.
12. Remove skewers and twine from chickens; scoop out stuffing into a serving bowl.
13. Cut chicken in serving pieces and arrange on platter; garnish with lemon wedges.
14. Serve pan juices and stuffing alongside.