Asian Chicken Quesadilla with Grilled Pineapple Salsa and Hoisin Recipe
Instructions:For the Quesadilla:
1. Place the soy sauce, ginger, and garlic in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. Remove from the heat and let sit for half an hour.
3. Place the chicken breasts in a shallow baking dish and pour the marinade ov er.
4. Cover and place in the refrigerator to marinate at least 4 hours or overnig ht.
5. Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Heat the oil in a large s auti pan over high heat until it just begins to smoke.
7. Place the chicken in the pan and sauti 5 minutes or until golden brown on o ne side.
8. Lower the heat to medium, turn the chicken over and continue cooking until the chicken is almost cooked through, approximately 4 minutes.
9. Let the chicken sit for 1 minute and slice on the bias into 1/2-inch pieces (the chicken will finish cooking in the oven).
10. Preheat the oven to 450 F.
11. Place 2 tortillas on an ungreased baking sheet.
12. Spread 1/2 the cheeses, green onion, and sliced chicken on the 2 tortillas.
13. Stack the 2 layers and cover with the remaining tortilla.
14. Bake for 8-12 minutes, or until the tortillas are crisp and the cheese has melted.
15. Cut into quarters and serve hot garnished with the salsa.
For the Salsa:
1. Heat a grill on high until it just begins to smoke.
2. Grill the pineapple sli ces 2-3 minutes on each side until lightly browned.
3. Remove and cut into medium dice.
4. Add the cilantro, lime, onion, jalapeno, and olive oil.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Let sit at least 1/2 hour.
For the Hoisin Vinaigrette:
1. Place the onion, garlic, hoisin sauce and vinegar in a blender and blend un til smooth.
2. With the motor running, slowly add the sesame and olive oil, drop by drop a t first, until emulsified.
3. Season with salt and white pepper to taste.