Apricot Chutney Chicken Recipe
Here's a light, spicy chicken recipe for a warm-weather evening.
Instructions:1. Cut apricots into strips.
2. Steep in boiling water.
3. Add bouillon, Tomato-Splash and a few saffron strands.
4. Let stand.
5. Cut off 2 egg-sized pieces of jicame, peel, and cut into bite-sized pieces (1/4" x 1").
6. Place in bowl, cover with ice water until needed.
7. Cut partially frozen chicken into 3" pieces.
8. Slice through muscle on the diagonal to get thin, tender medallions.
9. In medium sized skillet or corrigated griddle, quickly brown chicken with a little spray oil and garlic salt to taste.
10. Sprinkle meat with juice from half an orange.
11. Move chicken to perimeter of pan.
12. Dissolve 2 teaspoons of cornstarch in the bouillon mixture.
13. Add sauce to middle of pan.
14. Stir until thickened.
15. Drain jicame and add to the pan.
16. Heat through, about 2 minutes.
17. Stir in the cilantro and parsley.
18. Serve with fresh asparagus and jasmine rice.