Apple Country Chicken Recipe - Printable Version Serves 5
305 calories, 7g fat
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 large Golden Delicious apple, cored and chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon
- 2 cup apple juice or cider
- 3 1/2 lb chicken thigh, skinned
- 1 tbsp flour
1. Place curry powder in a wide frying pan and stir over medium heat until slightly darker in color (3-4 minutes).
2. Add apple, yellow onion, lemon juice, mushrooms, bouillon, and 1 1/2 cup of apple juice; bring to a boil.
3. Rinse chicken and pat dry; add to pan.
4. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until meat near bone is no longer pink; cut to test (about 30 minutes).
5. Lift chicken from pan; arrange on a warm platter.
6. Keep warm.
7. Blend flour and remaining 1/2 cup apple juice.
8. Gradually add to sauce in pan, stirring; increase heat to high and cook, stirring until sauce is thickened.
9. Pour over chicken.
10. The sauce also tastes good poured over baked potato or rice.