Alfredo-sauced Chicken and Rice Recipe
You will need about 1/2 cup of uncooked wild or regular long grainrice to equal 1 1/2 cups cooked rice. If you prefer you can use 3 cups cooked long grain rice instead of wildrice/long grain mixture.
Nutrition information per serving: 535 calories, 280 CFF, 31 g fat, 150 mg cholesterol, 485 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 36 g protein. Diet exchanges: 2 starch, 5 very lean meat, 4 fat
Instructions:1. Heat oven to 350 F.
2. Mix rices, 3/4 cup of Alfredo sauce, 1/4 tsp of tarragon and pepper in ungreased rectangle baking dish, 13x9x2".
3. Spray 12 inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat.
4. Sprinkle chicken with seasoned salt.
5. Cook chicken in skillet 3-4 minutes, turning once, until brown.
6. Place chicken on rice mixture.
7. Mix remaining Alfredo sauce, remaining tarragon, the asparagus, mushrooms and bell peppers.
8. Spoon over chicken and rice.
9. Cover and bake for 1 hour or until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.