Acapulco Chicken Enchilada Recipe
Instructions:1. In small bowl, toss together cooked shredded chicken, scallions, and almonds.
2. Sprinkle on salt.
3. Mix and set aside.
4. To prepare chili sauce, heat oil in saute pan over med-high heat; add onion, bell pepper, and garlic.
5. Saute until vegs are soft.
6. Stir in tomato paste, water, chili powder, salt and oregano. Blend well.
7. Lower heat, cover and simmer for 5 mins.
8. Preheat oven to 350 deg.
9. Lightly oil bottom of shallow ovenproof casserole dish.
10. Dip a tortilla in hot sauce until partially saturated.
11. Place tortilla in casserole dish; fill with 1/8 of chicken mixture, and top with 1 tbsp sour cream; roll into an enchilada.
12. Place in dish seam side down.
13. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
14. When casserole is filled, drizzle remaining sauce over top.
15. Sprinkle with cheese and top with olives.
16. Bake for 15 mins or until cheese and sauce are hot and bubbling.
17. Serve with additional sour cream and chopped scallions on the side.