Zucchini-Layered Meat Loaf Recipe
Instructions:1. Prepare the basic meat loaf mix as explained in step 1 of the Basic Meat Loaf recipe.
2. Spread 1/3 of the mixture evenly in an ungreased loaf pan, 9 X 5 X 3-inches.
3. Sprinkle half each of the cheese, zucchini and pimento in layers, spreading the layers to within 1/2 inch of all sides of the pan.
4. Repeat the layers ending up with a layer of the meat mixture on the top. Be sure to cover the layers completely by spreading the mixture to the sides of the pan.
5. Omit the catsup from the original recipe and bake, uncovered, for 1 1/4 hours.
6. Drain off the excess fat and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing into thick slices.
7. Serve on a heated platter.