Yorkshire Pudding with Beef Recipe - Printable Version Serves 4
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp margarine
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cups cooked beef, chopped
- 1 cup beef gravy
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
1. Heat oven to 425F.
2. Put butter and oil in 13x9″ pan.
3. Put in oven to melt and warm pan.
4. Meanwhile, in saucepan, melt 3 tbsp margarine.
5. Remove from heat.
6. Meanwhile beat eggs in medium bowl with whisk.
7. Add flour in 4 additions.
8. Stir in 2-3 tbsp of melted margarine from saucepan and salt.
9. Pour batter into hot baking pan.
10. Bake for 10 minutes.
11. Reduce heat to 350F and bake for 5 minutes longer until fluffy and brown around edges and firm.
12. Meanwhile, cook onion in 1 tbsp remaing margarine in saucepan.
13. Add beef, gravy and mixed vegetables until vegetabes are tender, 10 minutes.
14. Spoon meat mixture over baked batter and serve.