Barbecued Short Ribs Recipe - Printable Version Serves 6
- 4 lb beef short ribs
- 1 tsp salt (optional)
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup catsup
- 1/2 cup Aunt Jemima Syrup or Lite Syrup
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp prepared mustard
- 1/4 tsp pepper
1. Trim excess fat from ribs.
2. Place ribs and salt in 4-quart saucepan or Dutch oven.
4. Cover with water, bring to a boil.
5. Cover; simmer 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until tender.
6. Meanwhile, saute onion in oil until tender.
7. Add remaining ingredients; simmer 15 minutes.
8. Drain ribs.
9. Place on rack in broiler pan or over ash-colored coals on outdoor grill so meat is 6 to 7 inches from heat.
10. Broil 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
11. Baste ribs with sauce; continue broiling about 10 minutes, turning and basting frequently with sauce.
12. Serve with remaining sauce, if desired.