Baked Beef and Vegetable Soup Recipe
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place beef, onion, garlic, peppercorns and broth in an oven-proof casserole.
3. Add water to cover by 1 1/2 inches.
4. Bring to a boil.
5. Cover and bake in the oven about 2 hours, until beef is very tender.
6. Remove meat and cool.
7. Shred from bones, discarding any fat and the bones.
9. Pour broth through a fine mesh strainer into a gravy separator or bowl.
10. Allow to cool.
11. Pour or skim off fat and return defatted broth to the casserole.
12. Add leeks, carrots and celery to casserole.
13. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, 3 minutes.
14. Add shredded beef to broth with mushrooms, pasta, salt and pepper.
15. Bake, covered, for 5 minutes.
16. Remove from oven and stir in dill and parsley.
17. Serve immediately in deep soup bowls.