Autumn Soup Recipe
Instructions:1. In large saucepan, cook and stir meat until brown.
2. Drain fat off.
3. Cook and stir onions with meat until onions are tender, about 5 minutes.
4. Stir in remaining ingredients, except tomatoes; heat to boiling.
5. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes.
6. Add tomatoes; cover and simmer 10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
1. One can (28 ounces) tomatoes (with liquid) can be substituted for the fresh tomatoes.
2. Reduce water to 3 cups.
3. Stir in tomatoes with remaining ingredients; heat to boiling.
4. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes.
5. The canned tomatoes break apart and give a rosy color.