Apple Corn Cake Recipe - Printable Version Makes 6 muffins
- 1 cup corn meal
- 3/4 cup rice flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 3/4 cups applesauce
- 6 bacon strips, cooked, crumbled
1. In a large mixing bowl combine cornmeal, rice flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
2. Beat egg whites until stiff.
3. To the dry ingredients, add egg yolks, oil, applesauce and bacon.
4. Stir well.
5. Fold in egg whites.
6. Pour batter into greased 8 x 8-inch baking pan, or prepared muffin pan.
7. Bake in 425 F oven for 45 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.