Adobo Beef Salad with Apricot, Ginger and Hibiscus Salsa Recipe
1. Soak chiles in hot water for 15 minutes and puree.
2. Marinate beef in adobo sauce and vegetable oil; keep refrigerated until ready to use.
3. To make salsa, combine wine, sugar, hibiscus, ginger and lemon in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
4. Set aside and let ingredients steep for at least 15 minutes.
5. Strain through a fine sieve without pressing, then add walnut oil, peaches, shallots, basil, mint and season with salt.
6. Set aside.
7. In a medium saute pan, over high heat, sear the beef for 45 seconds to 1 minute on each side.
8. While the beef is cooking in the oven, saute baby vegetables with basil sprigs in vegetable oil for 2 minutes and deglaze the pan with 1 ounce of vinaigrette.
9. Divide greens in the center of each plate, place beef on top and spoon vegetables and salsa around beef and greens.