Mary Jo's English Muffins Recipe
Instructions:1. In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast in the water.
2. Add the sugar, salt and dry milk and bland.
3. Add half the flour and whisk for 1 minute.
4. Set the mixture aside for 1 hour, or until the sponge falls back on itself.
5. Beat in the oil.
6. Add the remaining flour and mix well.
7. Add extra flour if necessary to make a fairly stiff dough.
8. With floured hands cut out about 20 four-ounce pieces of dough and form them into 3-inch patties.
9. Place the patties on a greased cookie sheet and let rise about half and hour, or until they are doubled in bulk.
10. Preheat griddle to 325 to 350 F and cook approximately 7 minutes per side.
Cinnamon-Raisin English Muffins
Add 1 tbsp cinnamon and 1 cup raisins with the remaining flour.
Whole Wheat English Muffins
Substitute the white flour for the following mix: 2 cups whole wheat flour, 2 cups cracked wheat flour, 4 cups unbleached white flour.